I didn't think the year was over yet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary:

Outstanding! Congratulations on the Deputy of the Year! Those of us who have been around the board for a while remember the difficult periods you have been through over the years. It is great to see your receive the recognition for your dedication and service to the community.

Congratulations!

Dan

Dan,
Thanks for the input. I have been in our fire department for 28 year now and I teach the rookies the same think I was taught 27 years ago. When I go into a building first thing I have them do is stop, look, listen, and feel what the fire is doing. Diving is not much different. In the early years when we ventilated with busting out windows and just cutting holes in the roof, it would get as black as the inside of a cow. My wife come from the fire service also and she asked me how I deal with being in a black dark room, I have no problems at all, none. So why is it different under the water she asks? In a building I can still feel and listen to what is going on and I can do a mental picture of what I am doing, and I guess it comes down to I have done it so many years, it is second nature . I will take your advice and next time I dive/train I am gong to lay on the bottom and try to get the same feeling I get in a house fire. Then swim around with my eyes closed. Two or three of the other divers have said the same thing you said about closing your eyes. I am gong to try to do that. Gary D has been great to work with; well they all are pretty good for COPS.
The Fire Guy.

Gary D, it is easy to pick on him, he leaves himself open for its all the time, well so do I now that I think about it. We were in training the other day and I was talking about something and my cell phone started ringing and as I started to look to see who it was I could see Gary D over there laughing, so before I even looked at my phone, I know it was Gary D. and yep I was right. That is one thing I do like about our group, practical jokes are fun, but when it is time to get down to work, they are all over it.
The Fire Guy.

Good job Gary D. Right on brother! It must be the year for the Gary’s. At the North Idaho Fire Academy this spring I received the Firefighter of the year award for north Idaho. When they started to read off all the things about what I had been doing, then they called out my name, I just sat there and people were call for me to come up there and I just could not believe it was for me. So again from Gary M to Gary D you deserve it! Good job Gary D
The Fire Guy. 

Gary M:
At the North Idaho Fire Academy this spring I received the Firefighter of the year award for north Idaho. The Fire Guy. 

Congratulations to you as well Gary! I am certain it is well deserved. I think this makes it obvious why you were selected from the fire service to participate with the Sheriff's team. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom