I Did It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, it's done. I just put my reefmaster, strobe and 3x close up lens up for auction on ebay, along with a very nice Yamaha tennis raquet that I don't use any longer. It is a 5 day auction so we'll see what happens once the auctions end. I want the 5050 but would suffice with the 5060 if I can switch from macro to normal mode while diving. Please let me know if this is a possibility. I don't expect to be using the wide angle lens at this point but you never know. From what I'm seeing, the pt015 is difficult to find but the 5050 is not too hard to find so far. My folks have a samsclub membership and are happy to buy the housing for me with their club #. Despite earlier advice I'm thinking of buying the housing first. I figure I can sell it pretty easily if I don't find the 5050 when I am ready to buy it. Thank you all for the advice so far. I'll keep you posted on what goes on. Once again, any input appreciated.

gt2003:
I want the 5050 but would suffice with the 5060 if I can switch from macro to normal mode while diving. Please let me know if this is a possibility.

Of course you can! The macro setting on the 5050 and 5060 is a focal length of 8" to 31". The Super macro is 1" to 8". You can switch back and forth with a simple button push.

On both models Dee? If so, my troubles have been lessened considerably. Thanks. P.S. - I already have 1 bid on the macro lens and 1 bidder watching my camera. I doubt I'll have trouble at least making enough for the housing. Everyone take care. Dee, I'm looking for your response. Thank you ma'am. Greg

Argh! I just got to the position where I might be able to investigate getting a strobe (who came up with the "Coral Flash" anyway?!) and other stuff for my reefmaster! I could have taken that stuff off your hands in a month or so!

BTW, a link to the auction (if allowed) might be good in case someone ready to buy right now sees this.

Ok, I'm going to try to copy and paste the link. I've never done this before but here it goes. If this doesn't work just type in Reefmaster in the ebay search bar. The auctions all end Saturday night around 8pm central time. My ebay user name is gregandterry if you want to search that way. I've only got one other item that I'm selling besides camera stuff so that might be an easy solution. Anyway, here is the link to the camera (if I can get it to work). Click on see sellers other items to find out about the strobe and the close up lens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3821884953&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

It seems to work. Thanks for the interest. Greg

For what it is worth I think you made the right decision by buying the housing first. No doubt it will become unavailable before the camera.
If money is a concern take a look at refurb 5050 prices versus new ones.
All my cameras are refurbs with no problems.

gt2003:
On both models Dee? If so, my troubles have been lessened considerably. Thanks. P.S. - I already have 1 bid on the macro lens and 1 bidder watching my camera. I doubt I'll have trouble at least making enough for the housing. Everyone take care. Dee, I'm looking for your response. Thank you ma'am. Greg

Yes..on both models. I double checked Steves-digicam.com site to be sure! You can see the specs for both cameras there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom