I am back!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just when you were getting use to the peace and quite too! I am back from my 17 days of duty at Ft. Carson CO.

It was a good trip and a tad sobering too. To be on an active duty base and see so few active army as most of the soldiers staioned there are currently overseas in Iraq or Afganistan. But the post is full to over flowing with National Guard and Army Reserve enroute to Iraq or Afganistan. Some troops are forced to live in the old open bay temprorary housing errected in the 1940's for another war.

In the dining facility there sits a table: white table cloth, china, crystal wine glass set for two. The table is there awaiting the return of the soldiers of Fort Carson. In front of regimental headquerters of the barracks we were occuping there is a monument to those brave soldiers who have given their all from that regiment from the last trip they made to Iraq.

On a happier note, was the celebration on post as one unit returned from their latest trip.

Now today and tomorrow I will celebrate the 4th with my family, reflect on the good life we have here in the USA and on those who are experiencing a different kind of fireworks this weekend. Then next week, some serious diving.

scottfiji:
and getting used to correct spelling!
:)

What do you mean? He spell quite quiet correctly.

Welcome back !!! We missed you today. You would have enjoyed our 3.5 mile surface swim back to Crescent Bay from somewhere way out past Seal Rocks. I think it was somewhere around Crystal Cove... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom