Roatan Review - Media Luna Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After hours and hours of selecting, combining and editing, hubby has compiled the movie for our Media Luna Resort dive trip. We are happy to share with any of you interested in watching. Please keep in mind that this was put together for our friends so they would have a great reminder of the week spent diving with Aqua Adventures, so it is rather long and detailed!
***NOTE: You really need to watch it full screen!

Glad you got your daily Roatan fix. How many days left in the countdown??? You hanging in there???

It's tough, but vids like that are helping me get through, lol. One week from today I will be at TBR with my beautiful bride just enjoying the moments.

Awesome. Glad you are enjoying the inspiration.

I'd like to introduce you to some images from a talented new photographer at Aqua Adventures who really has an interesting perspective. His name is Federico Poppe, and I really admire his work. Here are a few images of his:

DSC_0098.jpgDSC_0106.jpgP7080050.jpgP7080053.jpgP7140012.jpgP7140097.jpgP7140120.jpgP7140127.jpgP7140140.jpgP7140193.jpgP7140196.jpg

Way cool! I'm taking the go pro but still haven't invested in a really good still camera yet.

Last edited:
Is there anything lacking that someone who did want a full-fledged dive resort might miss?

Richard.

I believe CajunDivas most recent review shows that MLR's dive operation has been amped-up to satisfy most any
diver who is traveling with a non-diver.

As mentioned earlier, Media Luna is not to be confused with a full-fledged dive resort. It is a resort that caters to vacationers, but the owners recognize the attraction of the pristine reef environment to scuba divers and have contracted with Aqua Adventures to provide on-site dive operations.

Sounds like a good description. That reference to a full-fledged real-deal dive resort, arguably the last one on Roatan...Coco View simply isn't for everyone. MLR looks to be a perfect choice to access the unique South side environs for those who would not utilize the 27+ dives per week (that is rolled into the higher AI package cost) at CCV. Another distinction: if your baggage is delayed, you get free top rate rental gear immediately from CCV. If you prefer to buy dives in a onesy-twosey or a ten dive package, MLR can make sense. If you want more, do the math and decide from there.

And long last, SB is getting cogent data and reports on this unique resort, MLR. Thank you CajunDiva.

---------- Post added August 2nd, 2015 at 03:15 PM ----------

Way cool! I'm taking the go pro but still haven't invested in a really good still camera yet.

Log another 50 or so dives before task-loading with any camera.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good description. That reference to a full-fledged real-deal dive resort, arguably the last one on Roatan...Coco View simply isn't for everyone. MLR looks to be a perfect choice to access the unique South side environs for those who would not utilize the 27+ dives per week (that is rolled into the higher AI package cost) at CCV.

Doc, when I grow up I want to be just like you. Guess I'm "just a girl", but 27 dives in a week would just kill me! But give me 17 or 18, with a few cocktails and fun thrown in, and I'm a HAPPY girl :D

The important thing is that Roatan has something for EVERY diver...there's no excuse not to get out there and explore the amazing reefs and aquatic life of this one-of-a-kind island!

Doc, when I grow up I want to be just like you. Guess I'm "just a girl", but 27 dives in a week would just kill me! But give me 17 or 18, with a few cocktails and fun thrown in, and I'm a HAPPY girl :D

What was the dive package cost for 18 dives?

BTW- most of the females I dive with have way better SAC rates than I. And yes, at my limpy-assed dodderage, 27 pretty much so exhaust me. (Thank gods for Prednisone) Then those aforementioned females often are adding a dawn dive, accumulating 32 at CCV. Just too old? Maybe, but I need coffee before diving day begins. Maybe MLR for me if they kick me out of CCV for being a slacker!

Back
Top Bottom