I am at my wits end with sealife products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4 years with DC 800 and 2 years with DC 1200 with no flooding. I did flood a strobe got a prelacement at cost and learned to replace the orings once a year. SUpports has always been marvalous. WIth their great customer service I wish they sold cell phones, did credit cards, satallite tv and auto repair too.

Just to verify. The o-ring is meant to be dry correct? No silicon grease.
Yep
bananabeer.gif

Thanks DandyDon. I have used it, DC1400, on at least 30 dives. Have had no issues with flooding. I just inspect the o-ring for any nicks of dust/hair and close it up. Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned a proper way to close it? Not quite understanding that one.

DC1400 dry, my old DC800 had to be greased, not sure about DC1000 or DC1200
I've been shooting Sealife since the DC100, and I am not aware of SL instructions to ever use silicon grease on an O-ring? :confused: Did I miss one in print somewhere...?

My dealer instructed me to give th o-ring a light coating; worked well for years.
I don't think Sealife has ever advised such. Silicon grease is also a magnet for hair & sand. My home dive bud used to dive my old DC310 but he used silicon grease on the O-ring - and flooded it. I've never flooded one.

I have the DC800 and have never put anything on the Oring. The manual says it is to be dry.

DC1400 dry, my old DC800 had to be greased, not sure about DC1000 or DC1200
My dealer instructed me to give th o-ring a light coating; worked well for years.
I have the DC800 and have never put anything on the Oring. The manual says it is to be dry.
Thanks.png
Midas, you can grease yours if you want of course, but I understood that SL said not to. Greasing it may change it in fact? You might ask on the SL manufacturer's forum - or call...?

Back
Top Bottom