I am a fool for spending money on tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vice grips?

here's an older version of the same thing.....

Underwater breathing apparatus, 1800s - Stock Image - C016/9511

Caption
Underwater breathing apparatus. Historical artwork of a 19th-century experimental underwater breathing apparatus known as 'Le Triton'. It was designed in 1808 by Frederic de Drieberg. The diver carries a metal air cylinder on his back, with a metal crown on his head, connected to a pair of bellows. By nodding his head, the diver causes the bellows to suck air from the surface through a tube. Artwork from 'La Navigation sous-marine' (1906).

Caption
Underwater breathing apparatus. Historical artwork of a 19th-century experimental underwater breathing apparatus known as 'Le Triton'. It was designed in 1808 by Frederic de Drieberg. The diver carries a metal air cylinder on his back, with a metal crown on his head, connected to a pair of bellows. By nodding his head, the diver causes the bellows to suck air from the surface through a tube. Artwork from 'La Navigation sous-marine' (1906).

As the illustration points out, this apparatus only works when diving nekkid...
and requires that all your diving buddy's questions be answered in the affirmative.

Caption
That’s awesome! I’d love a print of that!

Caption
Are you sure that isn’t just filled with beer?

Meh. There's a million diy scuba solutions on youtube. Some guys use 20oz water bottles and a bike pump.

Here is tonights cringe. This is the craziest thing I've seen in a while...

"Only draw back with this is you have to pump it up and you have to wear a bag of rocks on your back"

:facepalm:

"if you pump it up to 2000 psi, which I plan to do in the future..."

2sftw9.jpg

As the illustration points out, this apparatus only works when diving nekkid...

If I understand your point, this is primarily for a diver’s 100th dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom