I always dive when I’m asleep. Soon I will try it (obsessed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlutterTubes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!
I’m a 30-year-old musician in Denmark, and since I was a kid I always wanted to dive.
This past year, the wish has turned into an obsession. I fall asleep every night imagining I’m breathing through a regulator and slowly sinking into the dark blue sea.
I sometimes walk around the home wearing a cheap mask and snorkel, just to get the sensation. My girlfriend thinks I’m crazy. Then I dunk my head into the sink, and she is assured that I am in fact crazy.
I’ve probably seen every YouTube video about scuba.. seriously there are none left.

So yeah.. I am obviously getting certified, but me and my girlfriend are doing it together, and we won’t have time for it until September. Waiting is super hard, but I think she would be super sad if I did it without her, and I also want us to be able to dive together, so I have to wait.

I have booked a tryout in a pool in April (ocean is cold this time of year), so that’s something. Until then I will have to walk around with my snorkel in anticipation.

I just wanted to make my first post and say hi. This forum seems really cool.
Tips for soothing my curiosity are very welcome!
-FlutterTubes

I love your enthusiasm for diving! Definitely get certified, and doing it with your girlfriend is an awesome activity to share together. Check out this YouTube channel if you haven't seen any of his videos on scuba related topics,

Alec Peirce Scuba

Welcome! My last name is from Denmark. It would be fun to visit sometime. I hope diving lives up to your expectations! I was surprised by the amount of effort (mental and physical) that diving requires compared to snorkeling. I can snorkel for hours at a good site and not get that tired. But three dives in cold water (2 hours at the most) and I am exhausted, profoundly. See you around!

Welcome to ScubaBoard FlutterTubes. Get certified and you will love it.

Diving while you are asleep is fine but I suggest you avoid sleeping while you are diving.

Diving while you are asleep is fine but I suggest you avoid sleeping while you are diving.

Or on smaller boats. I've had a few close calls where I've almost backrolled into the water while dozing off on a RIB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom