Hyperstretch vs regular neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceanrealm

Reaction score
Hello everybody.
Can someone tell me what is the difference between Henderson's Hyperstretch and regular neoprene except the fact that hyperstretch stretches more.
I bought a Henderson Hyperstretch hood today, the material feels different.

Does hyperstretch provide the same or better warmth?

Thanks.
Peter.

I don't believe that there is too much difference in the thermal properties of the hyperstretch and regular neoprene. I have a 3mm titanium hyperstretch which I love - it feels great and fits quite nicely. The hyperstretch may feel warmer than another comparable neoprene suit if it is able to fit better - reduces waterflow under the suit.

It will also compress more at depth and not be as warm. Properties of the material which allow it to stretch more cause this reaction to pressure.

The Mrs. and I both have Henderson's Hyperstretch and love them. Because they fit so well they are warm, maybe even warmer than others I've tried. Wear well and much easier of get on and off. I'm a size XXL and don't feel bound up. Very pleased with our choice.

Sure hyperstretch looses some of its insulation properties in order to be stretchy.... but its much more forgiving on fit. I suggest that what ever size you think you need, get one size smaller.

Of course a custom fit regular wet suit solves both problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom