hyperbaric chamber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keep in mind that liquids are essentially non "explosive" due to being functionally non-compressible. This is why hydro testing is done with water instead of gas. With compressed gas in there, it will work, but if it fails, it's sending shrapnel everywhere and that's less than ideal. Can you do it? sure. Should you do it? I wouldn't...
There are some plans out there for DIY pressure pots using sched 80 pipe that would probably be better and if you don't have to see it, you can get paint/sand blasting pressure pots that work as well

If you use it to test DC, just fill it with water and connect to water pressure. :) I have 6-8 bar in the water pump.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned that (was it you?) and I got a mental picture of a swimming pool pump filter housing which I know will handle at least 50 psi so that will give me a test pressure of 100 feet or so which is pretty much all I'm looking for right now. Now, if I can only remember which box I put my old one in.... I figure I'll just put some pvc pipe with end caps in the big holes and stick the inlet hose somewhere and a bleeder valve.

About 15$ I use it up to 6-8 Bar, so down to 50-70 meters.

Vattenfilter | För 10" filterhylsor | ust-m Emi | Jula

335624_FHPL14-D.jpg

Last edited:
right, sorry was thinking ata not atm
I have so many numbers in my head that it is really easy to pull out the wrong one. Metric conversions, weights of various things, BTU's of different fuels, conversions of BTU's to calories and watt/hours. And remembering to add on the atmosphere of air that is on top of the atmospheres of water. But in this case the conversion from the pressure gauge includes the 15 psi of air.

I have so many numbers in my head that it is really easy to pull out the wrong one. Metric conversions, weights of various things, BTU's of different fuels, conversions of BTU's to calories and watt/hours. And remembering to add on the atmosphere of air that is on top of the atmospheres of water. But in this case the conversion from the pressure gauge includes the 15 psi of air.

I was wondering if you are supposed to count the ambient 1 ATM or not. Whenever I read about pressure under water it seems like the surface is considered 0 ATM and 33 feet is 1 ATM.

I was wondering if you are supposed to count the ambient 1 ATM or not. Whenever I read about pressure under water it seems like the surface is considered 0 ATM and 33 feet is 1 ATM.

correct, difference in atmospheres absolute and atmospheres gauge. Absolute counts the atmosphere, gauge reads 0 at the surface so doesn't count. Just have to remember when to use which one. I think in ATA not atm so forgot to factor that in

Any toughs on using a water filter housing?

I remember in one of Vance Harlow's books he talks about making a pressure pot out of a Cornelius keg.

Vance said $20 or $30 but my addition of the book is from 2003.

Vance said $20 or $30 but my addition of the book is from 2003.

Yeah, back in the early '90's they went for five bucks as the some companies were going from the kegs to plastic lined boxes for their syrup. Besides the increase in refurbishing and scrap price, the increase in home brewing has also increased the demand and price on the secondary market.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom