Hyper Aqualand import?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheQuintessentialMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Changed PCs a while back and the old DOS/windoz software is no longer supported. Has anyone found a dive log software that will import the HA dive data?

Thanks, I was trying to avoid setting up a virtual machine although I probably should for some other legacy software. Right after I posted this I found a reference in another SB discussion about the Cyber Aqualand NX software. Looks like it will import the older records. Now I have to remember where I archived the most recent records for safe keeping...

I have (or had as the battery has died and I haven't got around to replacing it) A Hyper Aqualand and the biggest problem you will have is a suitable serial port connection. I have a couple of USB to serial port adapters that soft of "work" but I end up with a lot of errors.

I run Mac OS X but have a Windows 7 32-bit virtual machine and run the NX software on that. The problem I have is that I have to download each log multiple times because of errors that result in incorrect depths at certain points. I used to manually correct the logs but then I wrote some software so that I download each log 5 times and the software compares the 5 entries and extracts the "correct " data.

Subsurface does support the Hyper Aqualand but doesn't tolerate the errors and I was never able to successfully download a single log.

By the way, this is what the dive should look like:
HyperAqualandOK.jpg

Here are two attempts to load that dive, showing the errors:
HyperAqualandError1.jpg

HyperAqualandError2.jpg

I have (or had as the battery has died and I haven't got around to replacing it) A Hyper Aqualand and the biggest problem you will have is a suitable serial port connection. I have a couple of USB to serial port adapters that soft of "work" but I end up with a lot of errors.

I run Mac OS X but have a Windows 7 32-bit virtual machine and run the NX software on that. The problem I have is that I have to download each log multiple times because of errors that result in incorrect depths at certain points. I used to manually correct the logs but then I wrote some software so that I download each log 5 times and the software compares the 5 entries and extracts the "correct " data.

Subsurface does support the Hyper Aqualand but doesn't tolerate the errors and I was never able to successfully download a single log.

How did you get Subsurface to import the logs? It did not seem to recognize my Aqualand logs even when exported. (Today I got side tracked a little when I realized I lost a few years of records I thought were backed up.) Now that NX is working I'm considering getting the battery replaced in my H Aqualand and use as a redundant log; jury is still out.

How did you get Subsurface to import the logs? It did not seem to recognize my Aqualand logs even when exported. (Today I got side tracked a little when I realized I lost a few years of records I thought were backed up.) Now that NX is working I'm considering getting the battery replaced in my H Aqualand and use as a redundant log; jury is still out.
Ah... Subsurface can import directly from the Hyper Aqualand (assuming you don't get errors).

As far as I know it can't read the NX logs. I don't know of any app that can read the NX logs. I ended up writing my own code to import the logs into my custom dive log database (which runs on Lotus Notes). I can then export that data (again custom code) to XML format that Subsurface can read.

I do miss my Hyper Aqualand. I found the temperature readings to be more accurate (both precision and actual temperature). I haven't been able to find spare batteries and O rings for mine.

Not good, I upgraded to NX thinking maybe Subsurface could read it better. Finally managed to get it to import something from HA but there is no data in the individual dives. Do find it odd that Citizen changed the data format since they didn't really change anything else in the upgrade. GUI still looks like win 3.1. Don't recall having a lot of errors but I was always running native windowz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom