Hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnya1966

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What's the deal with Hydros Pro? I have had one on order for 2 months now. If they are as good as everyone says they are, you guys would be pumping them out like crazy.

This leads me to believe that there is a design flaw in the original run and you have stopped production to fix what is messed up.

Nothing takes 2 month to get to market!

John

You should see the back order log at the shop. They're in high demand and everyone wants them. Our shop ordered 30 or so from what I remember hearing. I'm sure the other shops have ordered the same number or so. It takes time.

People on this site are huge fans of BP/W, but I have used MANY Bc's (including several BP/W) and Scuba Pro seems to make the most rugged and tough BC's.. compared to anything else I have used. Over priced probably, but the quality always seems good to me. Good luck with the new Bc.

People on this site are huge fans of BP/W, but I have used MANY Bc's (including several BP/W) and Scuba Pro seems to make the most rugged and tough BC's.. compared to anything else I have used. Over priced probably, but the quality always seems good to me. Good luck with the new Bc.
I've had a Knighthawk for 10 years/1100 dives, going strong.

I've also heard there was a production/quality problem with the Hydros Pro. It seems to be listed and in stock at LeisurePro, not listed on several other big online sites

People on this site are huge fans of BP/W, but I have used MANY Bc's (including several BP/W) and Scuba Pro seems to make the most rugged and tough BC's.. compared to anything else I have used

We have had BC's from several mfgs. in our school's training equipment inventory and they are crap and don't hold out except SP and AL (to a lessor degree). We are standardizing on SP BC's for the school.

Yes, there was a production problem. Also, they are only made at one facility and so that limits the production rate. Huge orders for them and limited availability due to production setback and facility capacity. They are finally starting to trickle out to the Dealers.

I have one that I just received. Tried it out in the pool and I'm very impressed (and I'm hard to impress :wink: ). It is neutrally buoyant, doesn't seem to trap air, is very comfortable and stays in place. I was concerned because I've not had any success wearing a BCD that doesn't have a cumberbund because it rides up when I'm on the surface. This one does not do that! It is very streamlined.

I'm taking it on a dive trip next week, so I will put it through a week of diving to get more experience with it. It does pack nicely!

Yes, there was a production problem. Also, they are only made at one facility and so that limits the production rate. Huge orders for them and limited availability due to production setback and facility capacity. They are finally starting to trickle out to the Dealers.

I have one that I just received. Tried it out in the pool and I'm very impressed (and I'm hard to impress :wink:). It is neutrally buoyant, doesn't seem to trap air, is very comfortable and stays in place. I was concerned because I've not had any success wearing a BCD that doesn't have a cumberbund because it rides up when I'm on the surface. This one does not do that! It is very streamlined.

I'm taking it on a dive trip next week, so I will put it through a week of diving to get more experience with it. It does pack nicely!

Thanks for the reply. I finally received mine. Unfortunately it came in while I was in Roatan for 2 weeks. I would have been nice to try it out in the ocean. But, oh well! I did however try it in the pool last weekend for the first time and like you I quite like it. I have been diving with a jacket style BCD all this time and find the Hydros Pro worth the wait. Great BCD!

Have fun on your trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom