Hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grandizer52

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever get their housing hydroed? I had a couple of fittings come loose on my PT-015 housing, snet mine and the wifes housing in to get o-rings changed and a Hydo, they sent us NEW housings

laytah
steve

Hydroed no....you don't really hydro a housing.. but the very first time my PT-15 got wet it was in a pressure pot. Most places that do a lot of dive gear testing will have one. It's used to test depth gauges, computers and if it's big enough, to test camera housings. Had mine taken to 100ft for 45 minutes before I dared put my camera in it. The cost should not be much, they did mine for free but I do take them a good bit of business.

I'm Curious, where did you send the housings and how much was it. Looking at the excellent pdf on rebuilding my just purchased PT-015 looks like $80 incl. postage for all the seals (about a 5 year supply). I would prefer not to have to do the work (inherently lazy).

Thanks,
Scott

I go to japan alot...we go to a shop in osaka that has a all pupose HYDRO-TANK. I had a switch on the 15 housing, so wanted to be sure it was still good. depending on how much you use the housing and how much you like your camera, I'd highly recommend yearly if possible
laytah
steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom