Vivid Housings Leak Sentinel V6 custom install

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Lad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently have a sea frogs housing for my RX100 VII. It does come with leak detection, however after having the odd small leak from either grit in the o-rings or the button o-rings requiring a clean, I tend to find I don't really notice the onboard moisture detection systems beep or small LED, plus I don't like the idea that water is already inside the housing by the time it alerts me. I see that Vivid Housings offer the Leak Sentinel V6 - however, my housing does not have a bulkhead.

I'd considered purchasing a bulkhead fitting, asking a precision machine shop to drill the housing, and sealing the new bulkhead in place with JB weld (strong stuff!), which then allows me to install the leak sentinel - has anyone tried a custom install along these lines?

Write an email to info@vividhousings.com; they have a version of Leak Sentinel that fits the same threads as SeaFrogs VPS-100. I have one (V5XB) on my SeaFrogs Salted Line housing.
That would be great, however my Sea frogs RX100 VII (60m) housing does not have the port for the VPS-100, or any port for that matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom