Hydro in Tampa area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just moved to the Saint Petersburg/Tampa, FL area and I have two HP100s in need of a hydro test. When I lived in North Carolina, I would drop them off at the place that would run tests on fire extinguishers, scuba tanks, etc. directly because it was cheaper than going through my LDS. Well, having just moved, I called my new LDS and they charge $75 per tank for Hydro, which includes fill and VIS. This price seems steep to me. Anybody dive this area regularly who knows where I can take my tanks directly to and avoid going through the dive shop? Or even just to shop around prices. Thanks for any and all help.

It is steep, and I can't help with your specific question. I can, however, add to things to look for in your search if you are looking to test LP steel tanks. I had my LP tanks hydroed at a very popular shop across the state in Pompano Beach (Force E Scuba), and when they finally got done (nearly a month), the markings did not include a + sign. After a long back and forth, it ended with the shop saying their inspector did not have the certification required to put the + sign on. Others have told me, though, that there is no such thing as a special certification requirement for that. That (and similar issues) led to me to stop patronizing them.

EDIT:

Off the Wall Adventures in Brandon provides a one-stop-shop service if you don’t find a standalone hydro facility.

That is very high, the shop I use in Sarasota (Florida Underwater Sports) is $45 a tank including VIP and fill. And they do it in house so often I gotten the tanks back in a few days.

That is very high, the shop I use in Sarasota (Florida Underwater Sports) is $45 a tank including VIP and fill. And they do it in house so often I gotten the tanks back in a few days.
Just called them, and they confirmed your quotes! Stellar prices and turn around time. Looks like they’re my new LDS, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom