Hustler Tours, San Pedro (Ambergris Caye)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fluffy_the_octopus

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A few years back we used Hustler Tours for our Ambergris Caye trip. I'm planning other trip there in 2008 but the email address I have bounces...

Anyone have a new email address for these guys?
Are they still around? Is Billy still running it?

thanks!

Sorry guys, Hustler closed down early this year or maybe last. It hadn't been run very well for some time and slowly collapsed, with lots of people all blaming each other (as is the way in these things). Billy moved on, and is now working at a dive centre some way "up north". The Hustler buildings were taken over by another dive operator, but they don't seem to be doing that well. The "centre of gravity" of San Pedro has definitely moved south, although there are dive operators in that area who don't seem to do too badly.

Wet Willy's, the bar on the same dock, appears still to be thriving, and they still hold their famous Ladies Nights on Wednesdays. I missed the evening of nude dancing on the tables.....

Where will you be staying? I may be able to suggest alternatives.

Billy is at Belizan Shores, about 3 miles north.
Ched, a PADI instructor has moved into his building. Don't know anything about how they are doing. As for what Peter said, yes there are dive centers who are doing well. Ecologic Divers for one.
We are doing the diving for "Tradewinds Paradise Villa" who used to be with Hustler.
There is a lot of movement happening on San Pedro right know with the various dive centers.
Protech for one has moved from the yacht club to town, the Jounney's end dive center has closed and will be replaced with Aqua Divers. We are opening service at Portofino's to service the north divers as well as the "town" location to handle the south divers

Just a footnote to Steve's comments. Protech didn't move voluntarily from the Yacht Club, but that's another story. We're not yet at our future permanent location though.

Another dive operator within reach of the Hustler dock is Chuck & Robbies, a tiny operation that has earned for itself a very high reputation. And Patojo's, linked with The Tides hotel, also has a good name. San Pedro has a lot of dive centers and you should have a good time whoever you choose.

We try to recommend dive centers that are at least "resort", "gold Palm"or higher. these are dive centers who follow a minimum PADI standards and not a instructor off the beach.
I believe that both dive centers that Peter has suggested are good but they are not PADI certified as a dive center.

Just to clear up something Stephen Lee stated in fact the new dive center at Journey's End Resort will be run under a new company called Aqua Scuba Center and yes it is a sister company to Aqua Dives Belize. I highly recommend both dive operators. Aqua Dives is one of Belize's largest dive centers and is home of the largest 52ft. Dive Boat on the island. You would not regret making one of them your choice.

I like to recommend dive operators that will deliver what the customer wants. IMHO personal reputation counts for far more than (level of) agency affiliation.

Back
Top Bottom