Hurricane Season at Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last two years I've taken a casual attitude towards hurricane season and have been burned both times. I was all set to go to Grand Cayman in Oct 2004 and three weeks before Ivan destroyed the Cayman Dive Lodge where I was supposed to go. This year my plans were for Cozumel Nov 5-12. We all know what happened to Cozumel. I feed like I'm part of a curse or something! Coming up with last minute Plan B's each time was challenging but it worked (Fl Keys last year and Bahamas this year).

For 2006, I'm going to go to Cozumel in May to be safe. I've had it up to here with hurricanes.

Steve, you can get burned doing anything- thats how you know you are still alive. The idea is to keep trying. My trip to Cozumel in 1 1/2 weeks is the result of "a series of unfortunate events", but which is culminating in a trip which promises to be something rather special. We will get to see Cozumel and her reefs during a unique period ( which I fervently hope never comes again:11: ), and that will set this trip apart from the rest. You just gotta keep on trucking, as the old saying goes. :05:

:05: If Steve's curse holds, May 2006 may be pretty unique, too. :D

WOODMAN:
Steve, you can get burned doing anything- thats how you know you are still alive. The idea is to keep trying. My trip to Cozumel in 1 1/2 weeks is the result of "a series of unfortunate events", but which is culminating in a trip which promises to be something rather special. We will get to see Cozumel and her reefs during a unique period ( which I fervently hope never comes again:11: ), and that will set this trip apart from the rest. You just gotta keep on trucking, as the old saying goes. :05:

ski-diveSteve:
The last two years I've taken a casual attitude towards hurricane season and have been burned both times. I was all set to go to Grand Cayman in Oct 2004 and three weeks before Ivan destroyed the Cayman Dive Lodge where I was supposed to go. This year my plans were for Cozumel Nov 5-12. We all know what happened to Cozumel. I feed like I'm part of a curse or something! Coming up with last minute Plan B's each time was challenging but it worked (Fl Keys last year and Bahamas this year).

For 2006, I'm going to go to Cozumel in May to be safe. I've had it up to here with hurricanes.

Can I get you to consider another time? I always go in May, and with your luck, you are likely to spoil my trip! ;^)

Sorry Gordon, my plane tickets and hotel are booked already! I was thinking of starting a hurricane prediction service, to warn people in advance where not to go. Hopefully all will be fine for Coz in May. I can't wait to get down there.

For my 2006 hurricane season trip, I'm hoping to do the Flower Garden Banks. I've paid off my Texas hurricane debt as I flew to Texas after Rita and helped my inlaws clear their five acres of downed timber in Hardin County.

On the bright side, the snow in Colorado is great this year! About 150" season to date at Vail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom