Hurricane Rita - - -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Deco

Contributor
Reaction score
Issaquah [20 miles east of Seattle], Washington.
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Since Dr D. lives in Seabrook, near the Johnson Space Center, we are in the "mandatory evacuation zone" and must leave today, Wednesday.

I am not completely certain when I my be able to answers questions for the next few days. :06:

Dr D - please be carefull.
Hope everything will be Ok with you and your family.
Mania

Take care and stay safe, Doc!

Anyone know if the bahamas were hit?

Monday morning and I am back. We were lucky that the storm moved East but I feel sorry for the people in East Texas and LA. I would also like to thank the State Trooper, local and county peace officers, as well as fire dept. for doing their part to help control traffic and keep order.

All we got was a little wind but no rain.

Mary and I and two cats are back safely.

If the storm had actually passed a little to the west of Seabrook, our house would have been in very bad shape, as we are at 18 feet elevation. :11: Too low in this case.

We got about 12" of rain, but less winds maybe 40 mph to 50 mph sustained. We rode it out at home without boarding up this time. We got WAY more rain here from Rita than we did from Katrina, and the center of Rita went inland a lot further away from our house than the center of Katrina did. Oddly, the only 'damage' at our house was Rita stripped off some of the stick-on numbers from our mailbox at the side of the road, which weren't touched when Katrina barreled through here.

The code requires houses to be elevated a minimum of 6 feet above 'grade' in our area - our house is 9 feet up, but many of our neighbors' homes are closer to the minimum. If we get another such storm here this season, we'll be an island and our neighbors will have water in their houses. Hopefully the season will wind down but the sea waters are still plenty warm so no bets from me.

Glad to hear all is OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom