Hurricane Rita - - -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got out the day before the storm hit. Took 13 hours to travel 120 miles from Port Arthur to my sisters' farm in Moscow Texas. Left all my scuba equipment in the house. Figured if we flooded it wouldn't matter since it was made to go underwater anyway.

scubapro50:
I got out the day before the storm hit. Took 13 hours to travel 120 miles from Port Arthur to my sisters' farm in Moscow Texas. Left all my scuba equipment in the house. Figured if we flooded it wouldn't matter since it was made to go underwater anyway.

Bless you guys I hope you are all safe.

Got off lucky...... no major damage. They are letting residents back in town between 7am and 7pm ...... my old house (BUILT IN 1900) made it thru another storm. Several trees are up against the house and my boarding up the windows kept them from breaking the glass and causing more damage. No flooding also ... my area got 12 inches of water from the rain (seawall held and kept the storm surge back) and my house was built 2 ft. off the ground. It's going to be a mess to clean the yard ... shingles from all the roofs are everyplace and tree branches (as well as whole trees) are so thick you can hardly walk around the yard.

Back
Top Bottom