Hurricane Report from Punta Gorda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver - thats a truism. 3 firestations were damaged during the hurricane and had yet to be secured due to the locations and were looted.

NOAA shouldn't have ever changed the original projection.. they had it right the first time and were only off of the center of the path by about 20 miles. When it was slated to go through Tampa, people here dropped their guard... not all of us, but enough to make it a little pain in the keister.

Anyone notice that the storm was destined for this area from the get go... Charley - Charlotte and Lee county - Char-Lee.....

Looters will be shot on site, and if they are still there in the morning, they will be shot again!

Paul

Rifles are ready to rock - dont think we weren't out keepin watch while the power was out, and we did run off some folks who shouldnt have been around - had I had a few seconds more the cops would have been doing a report on them. 4 of them snooping around in the dark, 2 of us armed - they haven't been back since.

CBulla:
Rifles are ready to rock - dont think we weren't out keepin watch while the power was out, and we did run off some folks who shouldnt have been around - had I had a few seconds more the cops would have been doing a report on them. 4 of them snooping around in the dark, 2 of us armed - they haven't been back since.

I was ready here myself in case it came this way....something about the sound of a shotgun being racked back in the dark tends to make people rethink their actions.
:eyebrow:

wstein:
I was ready here myself in case it came this way....something about the sound of a shotgun being racked back in the dark tends to make people rethink their actions.
:eyebrow:

Right? It invokes serious fear. Something about the big round barrell, sound of discharge, etc., that movies have helped instill into peoples minds. Thats what my neighbor is about. I like the solid metal slide clink of the bolt action rifle being brought to attention.

Jersey,

Last night the news reported that residents would be allowed access starting at 9:00 am WED and businesses at 11:00 am WED for SANIBEL only! Still not letting anyone onto Captiva. FT MyerS Beach Residents willbe allowed backl on the island starting WED at 7:00 am.

Hope this helps!

Cbulla-

My husband and I are in Ft Myers and we were damn lucky! So we are here and ready to help out just let us know what you guys need! If your family is looking for AC and some place to shower and have a hot meal - let us know our home is open to any who need it!

Thank you so much for the offer, Pandora! We're in the South Central Ft Myers area and just got power back at almost noon yesterday. That had us pretty close to 72 hours. My wife was so happy she was dancing around the driveway, then went back inside and turned on the AC! For some reason she's not giving up the cooking on the propane grill though.. she was outside cooking bacon for brekkie this morning and happily jabbering away to the dogs.

Tell ya what though, we have some here on SB who are in Charlotte, such as WildBill, who could very well take you up on that offer. When last I talked to him (Monday evening) he had just enjoyed his first hot meal in 4 days. On the flip side, he may be using it as a self imposed diet like I did... I'm down about 8# since Friday. Something about working outside and eating very lean food that drops the weight :D

CBulla:
Anyone notice that the storm was destined for this area from the get go... Charley - Charlotte and Lee county - Char-Lee.....

:rofl:

I live in the area and feel like I was very lucky to have made it through. All my freinds got hit very hard and I have been helping them get through the best we can. My airplane at the Charlotte County Airport got smashed but then that is only a minor thing to worry about compared to the hundreds of people without homes to go to and no showers and toilets food cloths etc. When I stop to help people, they just cry and hang on to hope but most of them are strong and want to pull off the cleanup but they can use our help. I think God let some of us get through without damage to our homes and lives so that we can help other who need our help. If you have any free time to give, please try to stop at any of the side roads and pick a house and just jump in and help cleanup the mess. I feel for them and I feel so bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom