Hurley wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking at getting a new wetsuit and was looking at ordering a Hurley wetsuit online (I prefer jacket only, so I usually order surfer wetsuits).

When I Google I can't find the manufacturer's website, but I do turn up some message boards where it is suggested that the quality is not so good (usually followed by a post saying: "no they are great", but you never know whether it is a sales rep trying to nix bad publicity).

Anyone got any experiences with Hurley wetsuits that they could share? Anyone know why I seem unable to find the dealer website?

Don't know anything about hurley but surf suits are usually made out of a cheaply made unevenly blown neoprene. These neoprenes will not compress evenly at depth and you will loose thermo protection. They sometimes do not have good neck, arm and leg seals.

I have dove with both my Oneill surf suits a few times and they were very good. Its all about fit. neck seals have to fit well. When you get smacked by a 10' wave at 50 degree temperature, a flush is the last thing you want.

Most co. don't make a surf suit thicker then 5mm, so depends what temp you are diving in.

I have not heard anything about the Hurley products...we don't see many here.

What temperature are you diving in?

Pretty warm down here - doesn't ever dip much below mid 70s water temperature, but it can be enough to have a chilly edge on dive #2 if all you wear is a T-shirt or a rashie.

Pretty warm down here - doesn't ever dip much below mid 70s water temperature, but it can be enough to have a chilly edge on dive #2 if all you wear is a T-shirt or a rashie.

HAHA...thats awesome...sounds like my hot tub. A good fitting 3mm would be the way to go. You can always give it a flush if you get a bit warm. Are you planning on surfing with it also?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom