Hurghada Late Feb - Dive Ops, Temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking the same thing, maybe to stay in Hurghada for a few days and either shore/boat dive (or both) prior to heading on one of the Northern itineraries.

@kyley How was your experience with the hotel and dive shop?
I ended up booking at Fort Arabesque resort and diving with this operation. It's coming out to be more $ than the liveaboard itself, but I really want to dive and I deserve a treat to stay at a nice resort for a few days.

I ended up booking at Fort Arabesque resort and diving with this operation. It's coming out to be more $ than the liveaboard itself, but I really want to dive and I deserve a treat to stay at a nice resort for a few days.

When are you going? Which liveaboard and route? Would love a trip report when you return :)

Not to totally thread hijack, but may I ask if anyone has used Orca Dive in Hurghada (in Soma Bay area)?
I am planning to stay next door at Sheraton Soma Bay in October & might want to squeeze in a couple of land-based dives before I get on a liveaboard for a week. Just in case there's not enough diving on the boat lol...

I haven’t dived with Orca before, but am planning at staying at Breakers for a few days in August (before going on a liveaboard) so will hopefully do a few dives while we are there. I have exchanged a couple of emails with them and the response has seemed good so far. I will post up my thoughts on them once we have dived with them.

I haven’t dived with Orca before, but am planning at staying at Breakers for a few days in August (before going on a liveaboard) so will hopefully do a few dives while we are there. I have exchanged a couple of emails with them and the response has seemed good so far. I will post up my thoughts on them once we have dived with them.
I will try to keep an eye out for your report! Which liveaboard are you planning to use?

Which liveaboard are you planning to use?
We are going on Thunderbird, doing their ‘Kids Safari’ trip. My kids have both shore dived in Egypt before, but this will be their first liveaboard trip. We are doing heading south from Port Ghalib, which should give us some nice relaxed dive sites.

I will be back in Egypt in October and will be spending a week on Sea Legend doing a BDE route. The kids won’t be on this trip.

I will be back in Egypt in October and will be spending a week on Sea Legend doing a BDE route. The kids won’t be on this trip.
Just curious why the kids are not coming along to BDE. Is it because of the more difficult diving there, or some other reason?

Just curious why the kids are not coming along to BDE. Is it because of the more difficult diving there, or some other reason?
Main reason is they will be at school, and this gives me and my wife a week away by ourselves. My son is coming up to 17, and is AOW with about 75 dives and would be fine on the BDE route, but my daughter is 13 OW about 20 dives and really isn’t experienced enough for the conditions that can be encountered at Brothers and Daedalus. In a couple of years I am sure she will be fine, but for the time being we are sticking to the easier routes.

Back
Top Bottom