Hundred Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwerty24

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everybody, I new to Philippines and renewing my acquaintance with scuba.
I have been told by non-divers that Hundred Island is a great place.
Are there any divers out there who know for sure.
Is it possible to hire gear up there?
Regards and thanks to all.

hi,

actually hundred islands is a great place for ivers ad non-divers... i used to work there under the mayors office and we were trying to set up the diving at the time. From what i hear the protected areas are very much alive and thriving now... having predators like sharks even in the shallows.

about gear we did set up a compressor with 10 tanks and 10 sets of gear out there... but what state they are in now is something i cannot answer. look for rey at the tourism office he should be able to help you out...

Marco

Just my opinion, but......

I have dived in that area a couple of times, once many many years ago and then again four years ago. I believe that that there are some really nice things about that area but diving is not one of its high-lights. Four years ago I spent a week at the UP Marine Science Institute and unfortunately when I ranked my diving around the Philippines that area was my least favorite. I would recommend that since you are just getting back into it that you check out some better known dive destinations such as ANilao, PG or Subic (assuming your on Luzon)...

Cheers,
Roger

I had hoped to dive Hundred Islands when I was last in the Philippines. In the end I didn't even manage to make it there as a non diver, as I had to meet DevonDiver.

But, as I understood it, the reef is heavily blasted or cyanided, but are were some, tanks? lying at 50m.
...all word of mouth you understand..

With 0-24 dives I would suggest you visit there above the water only.
However I imagine it would make a cracking tech dive or two, for a team with a sidescan sonar.

It is meant to be beaaautiful! You should go

Nic

But, as I understood it, the reef is heavily blasted or cyanided, but are were some, tanks? lying at 50m.
...all word of mouth you understand..
Those M10 tanks are in San Fernando(La Union) which is quite a distance away.
Ocean Deep(Tim) has been around for yrs if anyone makes it so far up north.

qwerty24,

Did you get my email about dive shops in 100 Islands?

When i dove there the waters was murky so I coulden'd see much. However I know the council in Alaminos is very interested in opening a dive industry, they invited PA televison when I was there and I was interview'd by PA and the interview was televised the next day. Diving there is not difficult, so just go for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom