Humidifyers for Regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Sherwood Maximus also has the "fins" that the Oasis has. These do help with dry mouth also. And it isn't always about being dehydrated. I haven't used the biofilter, but I have heard good things about it. I, personally, have a maximus and if I could take the fins from it and put them into my D400 I would have the perfect reg in my mind...lol But if the dry air from the tanks is bothering you and you happen to be looking for a new reg, take a look at the Sherwoods, they are quite comfy.

My wife and I have Sherwood Blizzards. They share the moisture retention fins on the Oasis and Maximus. Actually in the Blizzard and Maximus the fin is also Teflon plated to resist frost accumulation and gets called a heat sink. In warm water they all help with dry mouth however.

The sump of a double hose regulator mouthpiece is also apt to have a little wetness that can humidify you breathing air.

You want to be careful about using something like the Biofilter if you will be diving in cold water. The last thing you want going into your second stage is moist air. This includes fresh water divers that are in mild climates that head below the thermocline.

Pete

Yeah I was reading about the possibility of the reg freezing up in cold water. Why would this be?

The only experience I've had is with rental regs (which seem to be the worst?) so I hope any decent regulator I eventually buy will be of better quality anyway and possibly improve ease of breathing or dry mouth.

I have used the Apollo Bio-Filter for the last 2 years and like it. I grew up in South Florida (very humid) and I suspect that is what I am adapted to. In the 70's I used the very similar product from Farallon called Sam, Scuba air moisturizer.

Back
Top Bottom