Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the brand of it?!

Here in the Bay Area, most hull cleaners use hookahs. And most of those that do build their own, based on the Thomas 1020 oil-less compressor. Goes for about $230 on ToolBarn.com

compressor.jpg

I mist brag... I just got a call for a managing job, managing all the forsale boats for a non profit:). Includes diving and inspecting new boats and cleaning them, then taking care until they sell....
Good for you! I will warn you, however, that if these boat are donations to the non-profit, their bottoms will be in the worst possible condition. Prepare yourself :D

Is that compressor an actual hookah compressor?! The ones I have seen are 1200 for one diver and 1600 for two diver?! That does come with 60 feet of hose reg and toe belt...

It's a total toss up of what gets donated. One time we had a custom English launch that was worth 150 tbousand! Other times we get crappy little sail boats with green stuff inside. Usually it's in the middle:). I'm excited because I will get more busines when the people buy the boat and stuff:)

Is that compressor an actual hookah compressor?! The ones I have seen are 1200 for one diver and 1600 for two diver?! That does come with 60 feet of hose reg and toe belt...
That is just the compressor. You can buy commercially available hookah systems that use this compressor and will spend $700-$800 or you can put one together yourself for half that. Bear in mind that this is an electric compressor, not a gas-powered one, which tend to be much more expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom