Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you ever inspected the under side of a peir?!

Like pilings and beams and stuff?
If my marina is any indication, these types of jobs are usually done by commercial dive ops. Lights of heavy duty equipment, 5+ man crew, hard had diving, etc...although I guess just inspecting could be a different story.

Well yeah, all I needa do is inspect it and say it won't fall down till the after your lease is up with the state:). If it needs work then hard people will come in and say it's gonna fall down tomrow so you needa do what this guy told you to do which is fix it!!!!
How old are you and how long have you been in this business?

Because you talk a lot about doing jobs that I suspect are waaay above your pay grade. Hey, more power to you if you are as young as I think you are for starting your own business, but seriously, who is hiring a 17-year-old to do a job that generally requires a contractor with years of experience? Not only that, but trust me on this, you starting bidding (and winning) contracts for jobs that you, in reality, haven't a clue about, you are in for a hurtin', professionally and financially. Maybe maybe physically and legally, too.

So, I ask again, just how old are you and how long have you been in business? Not judging, just curious.

I definatley see where you are coming from, but besides me I have a partner who is much older and with a mechanical engineering degree...

I also have been working on boats since I was eight. Not just water skiing and tubing but working on commercial tugs and building boats and setting up festivals, setting anchors, driving forklifts and stuff...

I also have many references in diving, mechanical, and boating jobs:)

I also will "Soon" have insurance! It's quite expensive so I wanted a few clients before I plunge in! No risk, no gain!

Back
Top Bottom