Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have u ever had a situation where someone added non sealed barrels so u can have an air hose down their all the time and the dock owner can fill it?

This lady has it but it's not working because it's in the mud at low tide?!

Ever had this problem?!

Describe the problem; are the existing barrels sitting on the bottom and spilling their air?
the houseboat first had steel pontoons which rusted out. someone then put barrels that are retrofitted to not be sealed on the bottom and have an air hose in the top which allows the owner to fill the tanks as needed without a diver. at low tide the house is in the mud and the lady thinks that the valves which release air/water in the bottom are clogged.

she either will have us repair whats their or just put in normal barrels that are sealed. the only problem is if i add barrels they may get dislodged at low tide?

before when i added barrels, it was for a non profit and they were in charge and said we dont want u to secure them?

do you secure them? would barrels work at low tide?

I have never installed barrels as flotation. I have, however, installed over 1000 of these:

tirefloat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom