HP100 PST 3500 DIN/Yoke Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PST 3500 tanks only came in DIN and won't accept a yoke insert - thread area is physically thicker and won't fit most yokes

Not exactly accurate

IMG_0377.JPG
IMG_0378.JPG

But can you get a yoke on it?

That is obviously not the OEM valve that came with the tank. Valve shoulder should match up with the tank neck. Dimple on the back will not be there on the OEM 3500 psivalve. Again, 3500 PST tanks came from the OEM with only DIN fittings. The later 3442 psi tanks will take 3/4" valves that are yoke compatible. The original 3500 PST tanks came with 7/8" valves which are physically smaller in diameter due to the different thread form used.

That is obviously not the OEM valve that came with the tank. Valve shoulder should match up with the tank neck. Dimple on the back will not be there on the OEM 3500 psivalve. Again, 3500 PST tanks came from the OEM with only DIN fittings. The later 3442 psi tanks will take 3/4" valves that are yoke compatible. The original 3500 PST tanks came with 7/8" valves which are physically smaller in diameter due to the different thread form used.

Thats why I said you were not "exactly" right. We can talk about the factory all day long, but to say that a PST 3500 tank will NOT take a yoke or is ONLY 300bar DIN is not correct. My PSTs clearly have a 7/8" valve that is NOT 300bar DIN and a yoke reg DOES fit on there.

Thats why I said you were not "exactly" right. We can talk about the factory all day long, but to say that a PST 3500 tank will NOT take a yoke or is ONLY 300bar DIN is not correct. My PSTs clearly have a 7/8" valve that is NOT 300bar DIN and a yoke reg DOES fit on there.
What ever Doby - you completely missed the point. The original question was whether it would take a DIN insert to convert it to yoke. The OEM valve will not fit a yoke - the insert will sit too deep and the thickness won't allow a yoke to fit over it. If you were lucky enough to find a 7/8" yoke fitting for your tank (or purchased it that way) then good for you. That valve was not designed for the PST 3500 tank - the shoulder overhang is proof. Also don't expect to find them now without a bit of a search. 3/4" are available all day - 7/8" in a convertible configuration - not so much

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom