HP vs LP Steel tanks Price -volume-BT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moneysavr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi
I am looking at a steel tank XS Scuba =Worthington and the price is just in the zone $240.00 for a 121 LP 8" diam tank
My pal has the HP and same CU Ft.
Now that the volumes /cu ft. of both tanks are the same, weight is close + or - 1 lbs
so Will I get the same amount of dive time BT on a LP vs HP?
and a Florida diver that uses Lp's said they are easy on the First stages?
The $150 LP vs HP gets me some major air fills !
Tanks for any feed back,
Brad

moneysavr:
Hi
I am looking at a steel tank XS Scuba =Worthington and the price is just in the zone $240.00 for a 121 LP 8" diam tank
My pal has the HP and same CU Ft.
Now that the volumes /cu ft. of both tanks are the same, weight is close + or - 1 lbs
so Will I get the same amount of dive time BT on a LP vs HP?
and a Florida diver that uses Lp's said they are easy on the First stages?
The $150 LP vs HP gets me some major air fills !
Tanks for any feed back,
Brad
sounds like the old joke..whats heavier 5lbs of lead or 5 lbs of feathers??/
If both tanks hold the same volume of gas at their rated pressures then your time on either will be the same...the difference being that the hp would be physically smaller ..I would go with the HP..the lp is long and uncomfortable to carry around..

The empty weight of the XS 121 LP Steel tank is 48# (8"X 29") and the HP steel X7-120 is 38# (7.25"X28"). Big difference in weight. And dont forget 120 cu ft of air weighs in at about 10 more #. On the other hand, if you do a lot of boat diving you'll often get a short fill on the HP tank, and you'll end up with 10-15 cuft less air. If you don't mind the weight consider the E8-130 tank.

Back
Top Bottom