HP splitter service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taimen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone taken apart one of these? How does it disassemble? Are there user servicable parts like orings inside and what are their sizes?

upload_2021-3-24_10-31-13.png

A swiveling HP splitter

I haven't dismantled that Splitter yet, but it should be straight forward and not difficult, it's not even in the schematics catalog for the hose adapters.
Order Number for the AC906 HP Splitter Service Kit is AK906, every XS Scuba Dealer should be able to order it for you.....

or futureproof yourself and start your own service department by obtaining orings from the oring shop for one dollar

upload_2021-3-24_15-27-10.png

Mine doesn't have a c-clip. Just as simple threaded joint which required some brute force to open.

Nice, that's a good idea or not, what is brute force, did they use loctite I don't think

I pulled mine (a non-XS version but looks identical) apart for a special project (reversed orientation of the "y" block and bored the input side for a spool so it could be hose mounted).

IIRC - spin it apart with a couple wrenches (force - yes, brute - meh). There are a couple of o-rings that seal the air barrel that runs through the outer block and (memory failing but) I believe one that seals the air barrel to the end fitting.

Honestly so simple that it was not that remarkable to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom