HP or LP Nitrox and tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
oh.. that and do I really need to spend $700 bucks on two new tanks?

:DNow if my wife reads this she'll know what I really paid for my 2 new HP120's. :D

mike_s:
I was trying to decide between the LP95 and the HP100 (all Worthingtons). They then brought out a HP119 Worthington and it was almost exactly the same size tank as the LP95.

They may be the same physical size, but you also have to consider the weight. Especially if you plan on doubling these tanks up.

Worthington LP8-95 38#s
Worthington X7-100 33#s
Worthington X8-119 42#s

All thanks to http://www.techdivinglimited.com/pub/tanks.html

That 33 pounds was why I was liking the HP100.

As for the 119 vs the LP95, it's 4 pounds more. I'm not sure how much extra that 4 pounds would make.... it might push it "over the edge."

Skeeter1097:
lp has my vote. I have 2 hp100 and now have 2 steel lp108's. I can get 30% more gas in the 108lp. Lost 5 lbs of disposable weights.

But aren't the 108's physically bigger than the HP100? If you got an HP version of the 108 (130?) you'd get even more gas.

It's all relative to the size/weight/buoyancy of the tanks you want to carry around really.

Back
Top Bottom