How was this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

motoxmann

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, just wondering how Monterey was this weekend? We're thinking about renting some gear and heading out Tuesday. We're just gonna go to breakwater again as this will be out first time by ourselves.

Saturday was beautiful at Lobos. Not the best we've seen, but definitely on the better side of viz + calm seas. Looks like it should be holding steady for Tuesday, so at this point I say it's definitely a go!

Carmel Bay was excellent on Sat. Our first dive at Lingcod reef was about 30+ ft. viz. and the second at point Joe was about 40+. Motoring back into Monterey Bay it looked like the red tide was in full bloom so I'd imagine visibility there was terrible in the shallows.

40 FEET.......That's all.

Buddy over here in the neck of the woods where I am it is over 100 feet and the water is 85 degree's, Don't you wish you were in the Bahams too Brandon???:mooner:

Just heard from someone who did their rescue scenarios at BW Sunday and she said the red tide limited vis to about 6 inches, at least down to about 20fsw.

Just heard from someone who did their rescue scenarios at BW Sunday and she said the red tide limited vis to about 6 inches, at least down to about 20fsw.

Location, location, location :D

Thanks for all the replies, we're going to go ahead and rent some gear and head down tomorrow. do you need a float or flag at BW? Is it required? We had one last weekend but it was for certs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom