How to size for DUI Rockboots??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidguy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi... I got sized for a DUI drysuit and just wanted to doublecheck rockboot sizing. I wear size 8 shoes, from heel to big toe is about 10", and widest width is about 4". With polartec fleece liner - how large should the rockboots be? I've got 10s on order... just hoping eveything fits well in time for fall diving. Words of wisdom welcomed and appreciated!!

The general rule has been, buy one size large than you take in a shoe. I wear a 10 shoe, so my rock boots are 11’s. I use the Weazle Extreme undergarment booties and have not had a problem………………………………..Arduous

I wear a 8.5 or 9 usually and I went with a size 10 rock boot too. I was able to try a size 10 on and they were perfect. In addition to the liner boots, you'll most likely have extra material from the attached boot as well. And since they lace up, you can tie them as tight as you want for a secure fit.

Ken

I rented a DUI TLS and rockboots. The Boot size was size 10 but felt very large on my feet.. My reg shoe size is size 10 (US). I went back to the dive shop and switched it to a size 9 which felt a little tight, but do able.

I wish they made sizes 9 1/2 for people.

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
uh...I'm not completely sure, but isn't the original reason for running large -- because you aren't supposed to be putting only your bare feet inside?

This was my understanding as well. You size the boot for the heaviest sock/bootie you plan to wear. You don't want it too tight or your feet will get cold faster. I can't answer your sizing question as women have to add 1 and subtract 2 to get a rough idea of what size we need.

On another note. I recently purchased an additional smaller pair of rockboots to wear with my wetsuit at Dick Long's suggestion. Tried it out in Akumal last week and boy, was it nifty! More sure-footed and I liked the extra ankle support after having had a broken ankle last year. It was nice to trudge around the cenotes with kit with boots that prevented the pointy rocks from hurting.

:wavey:

I too have a 10.5 size foot and got 12s. They worked OK,but in warmer water 55+ I went to a size 11 with thinner socks. I took a dir course and had my suit 'retrofitted' so I could use Jet fins with springs. These are definetly the better of all. Wish I had them first. If anyone wants my Rock boots I will let them go cheap. :bonk: :peek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom