How to shorten a OMS corragated hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salty, You probably nicked the bladder on your OMS when you cut the bungee straps off. Or, possibly didn't reassemble the hose dump fittings correctly causing a leak. I replaced the power inflator with an Oceanic AirXS, everything works great and no leaks.

ColdH2Odiving:
Nope, dident do any of that :D

Salty, I was just giving you a hard time. I dive with an OMS IQ pak SS back plate and of course bungeed wing. I push the limits of my diving all the way to the recreational limits, routinely diving to 130-135ft on wrecks in cold water. I have never experienced any problems with my OMS gear. I've watched other divers pour water from their bcd wings at the end of the dive, mine has never taken on any water inside. Just MO

:pong:

I see, I dident know if I was getting set up or not.
No harm done H2O:smirk:.
Just relating an experience.

Salty, My comment was more out of frustration due to some of the remarks others have posted on OMS banded wings. It seems like there are a lot of folks on this board that have an attitude with banded wings. I say attitude because so far, I have yet to find any documentation to support their claims that banded bcd wings pose some sort of danger. Which would then be opinion vs. fact. I don't own or work for a dive shop so I'm not trying to push any brand of gear, but it sure makes me wonder about others. Take care

:sniper:

Hey ColdH2ODiving,
I've asked that every question myself. Who IS this phantom diver who has died from diving bungeed wings? I'd love to know.

Also, I'd like to hear of any (-) stories/experiences that others have had with their OMSs.

Seems John Bennett, who just set a world deep-diving record at 1000 ft (I believe) dives OMS bungee wings as well. SO, HOW bad can they be?

99% of the divers that I have spoken to are happy with their OMS. I have spoken to other divers who have other brands and they have had some problems as well.

Salty, good point. I've heard variations of the story, you know how things get distorted as the story gets passed along. Dude was probably diving with a horse collar bcd.

Like you, I'd like to see some, any, facts to support the claims made about banded bcd's. So far no one has posted anything to back up their claims.

:flame:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom