How to set Suunto Zoop to permanent Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you dive Nitrox at all the manual, and probably most users, suggest putting the computer in "Nitrox" mode and leaving it like that all the time.

regular air == nitrox 21 == plain air
When someone talks about their Zoop (or similar models) resetting to regular air, they are talking about the percentage changing on them. It is a pretty well known behavior.
Zoop's user manual p.43
Default Nitrox Settings:
Manually entered values of O2 % are retained for about 2hrs after the setting if a dive series has NOT STARTED. In case a dive series IS STARTED, the set value is RETAINED until a NEW DIVE series is started or a NEW VALUE is entered manually.

What is the definition for new series in this case?

Last edited:
Zoop's user manual p.43
Default Nitrox Settings:
Manually entered values of O2 % are retained for about 2hrs after the setting if a dive series has NOT STARTED. In case a dive series IS STARTED, the set value is RETAINED until a NEW DIVE series is started or a NEW VALUE is entered manually.

What is the definition for new series in this case?

Once you clear your "no-fly" interval, the computer considers it a new dive series.

FWIW, I rechecked my Vytec (non-DS) and it (as well as my Vyper Air) retains the EAN setting (its been almost a week now)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom