How to set Suunto Zoop to permanent Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Telling people to get an atomic or a predator or a pretzel or a Aladin 2G or whatever is like telling people to get a laptop because they cant do a particular thing on their mac - not really an option and not really much help.

Telling people to get an atomic or a predator or a pretzel or a Aladin 2G or whatever is like telling people to get a laptop because they cant do a particular thing on their mac - not really an option and not really much help.

I never suggested what the OP's customer should do. If he's happy with the Zoop, that's cool; if he forgets to change EAN21 to whatever mix he's actually diving, the NDL loss on any one dive probably isn't that big a deal. But as long as others are tossing out suggestions for how to avoid the problem the Zoop -- which is designed to act like it knows better than the diver what's best for a dive -- is causing, I don't see a problem pointing out that there are computers on the market that do not suffer from this flaw.

Whether they're "not really an option and not really much help" is between the OP's customer and his personal preferences/bank account. Whether it's "like telling people to get a laptop because they cant do a particular thing on their mac" is something that I'm unable to decipher with my understanding of the English language.

My Cobra is always in Nitrox mode, but as stated after a set amount of time it will switch the mix it was set for back to 21%. Which forces you to test your mix and adjust your computer accordingly. It just appears to have reset to "air mode" because it shows 21% for the mix. But really it is still in "Nitrox mode". B.

The problem is that it assume it force you to test the mix, which lets face it, it dont. It just force you to enter a number that you may or may not have pulled out of your ass..

How many divers does it take to beat a thread to death? 9 so far, 10 if you include me :)

Telling people to get an atomic or a predator or a pretrel or a Aladin 2G or whatever is like telling people to get a mac because they cant do a particular thing on their PC - not really an option and not really much help.

Fixed it for ya. :D

FWIW - the first Cobra has this same feature as do a few other Suunto computers.

I don't see any problem on the re-set because you have to analyse the nitrox content every time.
I analyse my nitrox tank every time and then set the computer accordingly.

mcmermaid,

Our Zoop, (or Gekko, or Vyper--we have 4) will remain in nitrox MODE but will revert to 21% after 2 hours AND if zero no-fly time is remaining. I have regularly done 6-7 dives a day on given mix and an overnight SI without having to reenter the nitrox percentage.

mcmermaid,

Our Zoop, (or Gekko, or Vyper--we have 4) will remain in nitrox MODE but will revert to 21% after 2 hours AND if zero no-fly time is remaining. I have regularly done 6-7 dives a day on given mix and an overnight SI without having to reenter the nitrox percentage.

My Vyper Air (Blue) stays very happily in Nitrox mode at the last setting I entered. I'm looking at it now showing EAN32, my last dive (sob) was over 4 weeks ago.

I also have a Vytec that I use for backup. It appears to reset itself to EAN21

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom