How to set Suunto Zoop to permanent Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Dr lecter: We all know the Shearwaters computers are awesome, but keep things in context. The question is related to a Zoop ($200) not a $1000 unit!!

The only meth-addled responses here is your "shearwater" inputs to all DC questions.

I don't see any problem on the re-set because you have to analyse the nitrox content every time. I analyse my nitrox tank every time and then set the computer accordingly.

I do because there is a difference between testing a mix and setting your computer for that mix. I test my mix each time and if I am diving the same mix over a week I'd like not to screw around with setting my computer each time.

What I find odd is that some of Suunto computers has this features while others do not. The ones that have multiple mix capability do not have this feature. For instance, the Vytec DS does not auto reset where as the Zoop first gen Cobra and others do.

@Dr lecter: We all know the Shearwaters computers are awesome, but keep things in context. The question is related to a Zoop ($200) not a $1000 unit!!

The only meth-addled responses here is your "shearwater" inputs to all DC questions.

If there's a better dive computer for the OP's needs, cost aside, feel free to identify it. The question of whether the incremental improvement is worth full freight tech computer price for the OP is up to him. I don't sell the things (cf. Beaverdivers) and could care less what the OP does or doesn't buy.

If there's a better dive computer for the OP's needs, cost aside, feel free to identify it..

Ahhh the OP doesn't need a computer. She was helping a customer. She asked a simple question that was answered with the 1st reply.

This thread should have died many posts ago. LOL

I do because there is a difference between testing a mix and setting your computer for that mix. I test my mix each time and if I am diving the same mix over a week I'd like not to screw around with setting my computer each time.

What I find odd is that some of Suunto computers has this features while others do not. The ones that have multiple mix capability do not have this feature. For instance, the Vytec DS does not auto reset where as the Zoop first gen Cobra and others do.
How long does it take to reset a dive computer? Matter of sec or min? I certainly won't use the word 'screw" to describe the setting up process.

me neither.. Screwing is much more pleasant and atleast for my own sake, lasts a bit longer than setting up my dive computer - even when I DO have to change the mix :p

I thought once you did a nitrox dive on Zoop you have to wait 24hrs before you can reset it back to air!
So to the OP's question, reset to air after 2hrs of surface interval!!!!! Faulty one?

I thought once you did a nitrox dive on Zoop you have to wait 24hrs before you can reset it back to air!
So to the OP's question, reset to air after 2hrs of surface interval!!!!! Faulty one?

You can't change the mode once a dive series has started. When people say it is resetting to air, they mean the O2 percentage is reverting from whatever was set back to 21% The manual (and probably most users) suggest that if you dive Nitrox sometimes, you just leave it in "Nitrox" mode. That enables you to set a percentage. In "Air" mode that function is not available and the display will be a little different.

You can't change the mode once a dive series has started. When people say it is resetting to air, they mean the O2 percentage is reverting from whatever was set back to 21% The manual (and probably most users) suggest that if you dive Nitrox sometimes, you just leave it in "Nitrox" mode. That enables you to set a percentage. In "Air" mode that function is not available and the display will be a little different.

But the OP clearly said that his client's Zoop reset from Nitrox to "regular air" after couple of hrs of surface interval from a nitrox dive!!
Whether "regular air" means nitrox 21 or plain air, I have no idea. But I do aware that both "Air" and "Nitrox" modes are not easily interchangable.

If you dive Nitrox at all the manual, and probably most users, suggest putting the computer in "Nitrox" mode and leaving it like that all the time.

regular air == nitrox 21 == plain air
When someone talks about their Zoop (or similar models) resetting to regular air, they are talking about the percentage changing on them. It is a pretty well known behavior.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom