How to route can light cord

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

while I agree that "disco fever" is a little over dramatic, it seems to me keeping the light stable in the left hand is preferable, and also keeps it ready if needed.

Than by all means dive that way! I couldn't care less what hand you put your light on. That's my point. Find out works works for you given the diving you'll be doing.

Ever been in a cave ?

I'm not a cave diver nor a DPV diver and don't plan to do either. Therefore, why should that environment dictate which hand I put my light?

I'm not a cave diver nor a DPV diver and don't plan to do either. Therefore, why should that environment dictate which hand I put my light?
Well, that's a great point, one that many people have tried to make over the years, but unfortunately, it just isn't very GUE and therefore is not given any merit.

For what it's worth, if you do decide to go with DPV diving in the future, adjusting to the left hand light takes all of maybe 1 or 2 dives. It really isn't the horror of having to undo years and years of bad habits that some GUE divers make it out to be. And in the interim, it does simplify the hell out of buoyancy changes and SPG checks.

And in the interim, it does simplify the hell out of buoyancy changes and SPG checks.

Simplify a little, maybe. In a cave, I do put the light in a temporary hold to check my SPG, but in OW, I often just reach back and grab it with the light where it is. In OW, people don't tend to be overly sensitive to tiny erratic light movements, since you might just be looking at a very cool fish heading south . . .

Than by all means dive that way! I couldn't care less what hand you put your light on. That's my point. Find out works works for you given the diving you'll be doing.

I agree that everyone should dive the way that works for them, and left hand is working for me so far. I do however appreciate these discussions, since I may find a better way to dive.

Which one do you guys do more; share air or adjust BC and check SPG? My point being that in my opinion the right hand is better since it basicly has nothing to do in my non-DPV dives. Making it a perfect place for my can light.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Well I look at it this way: which one is more likely to result in serious accident: blinding or confusing an OOA buddy, or temporarily holding your light head in your right head while you vent your BC or check your SPG?

---------- Post Merged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:04 PM ----------

I used a crazy nested colon there. I am pushing new boundaries in grammar. This must be what JJ and Casey felt like.

Last edited:

What puzzles me is if you are so convinced, why discuss it ? You asked why, I explained, you disagree... No problem as far as i'm concerned...
I am not trying to make you switch to your left hand. Frankly I couldn't care less, it's just not the way I dive...

What puzzles me is if you are so convinced, why discuss it ? You asked why, I explained, you disagree... No problem as far as i'm concerned...
I am not trying to make you switch to your left hand. Frankly I couldn't care less, it's just not the way I dive...

Well than we're on the same page. Excellent. And I didn't ask. I simply said light on the right hand works. You disagreed and asked me a series of follow-up questions which I answered. So we'll just agree to disagree. You dive your way and I'll dive mine. So liberating.

This thread is beginning to remind me of the old adage about academics: The infighting is vicious, because the stakes are so low . . .

This thread is beginning to remind me of the old adage about academics: The infighting is vicious, because the stakes are so low . . .

Unfortunately it finally did turn that way, but I have learned quite a lot from the good discussion above. I always enjoy reading your contributions to threads, Lynne...always something to learn from them.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom