How to restore a Scubapro Mark VII Honker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A nice backup low gas notification with no drawbacks that I'm aware of.
Unfortunately, there is a drawback. The airflow to the primary low pressure port (marked "Audio") becomes restricted when the supply pressure is low. I don't recall how low, but IIRCC it's around 200 psi. @rsingler probably has a more accurate number. FWIW the secondary low pressure port is not restricted.

Unfortunately, there is a drawback. The airflow to the primary low pressure port (marked "Audio") becomes restricted when the supply pressure is low.
Good point, @couv . Another reason to not back off on the flat screw "adjustment" in between the LP ports, and to maybe shim the HP Stem spring.
But no safety issue, unless you're sharing air in an OOA scenario and now YOU are almost out too. Just switch to your octo, which is on the high-flow port on the right.

Just got a chance to check my MK7 on a tank. It starts honking at around 400psi so all is good. I had sanded down the O-ring to the point that it slid into the chamber with just slight finger pressure. Thanks to rsingler for getting my honker to sound off like it should!

Is this a honker?
Screenshot_20200510-210153_Facebook.jpg

@thbcthomas It looks like you've got a couple of 109s in there too. Let's have some pictures of the second stages. How much do you want for them?

@couv, looks like a very interesting rebuild.

Still want the Conshelf second stage kit? I messaged you. Given you can't afford the Conshelf face plate I've one left, I think @StefinSB who's a man of his word wants one so I've one more I'll part with if anyone's interested. Cheers

Still want the Conshelf second stage kit? I messaged you. Given you can't afford the Conshelf face plate I've one left, I think @StefinSB who's a man of his word wants one so I've one more I'll part with if anyone's interested. Cheers
Yes I want the conshelf 2nd stage kit. I sent the funds through paypal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom