How to reset Nauticam alarm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TampaDiver68

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After diving today, I was cleaning my Nauticam housing as usual- removed the camera/tray, put a soft weight in it to hold it down in a tub if water, pulled a vacuum, let it soak for a bit, and worked all the buttons. After soaking a bit more, the light turned yellow, but no alarm. I removed from water, dumped vacuum, and opened it up. There were some drops in the bottom, which I cleaned out with a few Q tips. When I turned sensor system off then on, I got a blue light flash, followed by a very quick blue flash, then a click from the speaker. This repeated. So I replaced the battery, and now I get a blue light which then turns to red, and the alarm goes off. With the back of the housing in hand, just turning it on causes the alarm, and it is dry.

Any ideas on how to reset this?

After diving today, I was cleaning my Nauticam housing as usual- removed the camera/tray, put a soft weight in it to hold it down in a tub if water, pulled a vacuum, let it soak for a bit, and worked all the buttons. After soaking a bit more, the light turned yellow, but no alarm. I removed from water, dumped vacuum, and opened it up. There were some drops in the bottom, which I cleaned out with a few Q tips. When I turned sensor system off then on, I got a blue light flash, followed by a very quick blue flash, then a click from the speaker. This repeated. So I replaced the battery, and now I get a blue light which then turns to red, and the alarm goes off. With the back of the housing in hand, just turning it on causes the alarm, and it is dry.

Any ideas on how to reset this?

I'd contact the place where you bought the housing from and talk with them about this issue. Reef Photo, the Nauticam distributor in the US, is in FL btw.

Thanks. Ironically enough, I ran into one of the Reef Photo guys while diving yesterday.

I am happy to report that a few hours later the system seemed to reset on its own. My guess is there is a moisture sensor that needed to "dry out." Will be putting it under pressure again today to see if it leaks again.

Had it persisted, opening the housing in front of a fan for a while worked for me. Another approach is to use desiccant packs. However, I think there is no reset per se—taking the flat battery out and putting it back in does nothing if moisture continues to be detected.

When I've gotten a little moisture inside from opening with a wet housing or releasing vacuum with water in the inlet, I've cleaned it up and then used a hair dryer, works quickly.

Forgot about the hair dryer!

Thanks all. Housing has been submerged for an hour with no leaks/alarms.

Per the manual, a low battery will cause a flashing light sequence. I've used this info as implied... when it goes into that sequence, replace the battery. But as I experienced, my battery was low enough to not turn on the light red, and play the audible alarm. But I did not receive any low-battery indications.

Hi @TampaDiver68

My low battery gives me a constant red light, no alarm as opposed to the flashing red light with alarm for moisture.
Agreed. The issue I saw is that I never got a low battery indication. When moisture was detected, there was no flashing red light, and no alarm (you could hear the speaker 'clicking' when the housing was opened up). This was only resolved when I replaced the battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom