Info Nauticam housing moisture sensor problem ? (Sony a6000) HELP pls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

umbert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I have a Nauticam housing with Sony a6000, moisture alarm and vacuum port. Tested at home, worked great, light blue on, pumped out air, light turned green, all great.
Now, I just arrived to Roatan with a week of diving ahead of me and moisture sensor is giving me issues:
Installed camera in the housing, turn the meter on and right away keeps flashing red with beeping (housing still opened), WTH???
I tried pumping air out with sensor beeping, same thing. I tried removing and installing sensor batter, same thing.
There's definitely a seal, cuz when I pump the air out and open the housing you can hear air hissing. I know I can dive without the sensor turned on, but it would be nice to have it working ::)
What do you guys think? any suggestions? Is Roatan air that humid that the sensor is freaking out in hotel room, cooled down to 21C ???

SOLUTION:
got it to work with a dryer, few blows around the sensor with a distance of course :)
consider the thread closed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom