How to remove DIN connector from first stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doof .... I do it just like nickjb said ..... although I cheat and leave the hoses on .....:)

Plus I agree with you on the adapter yoke ..... it really makes the first stage "big" ....although it was convenient (the adapter) its really not that big a deal to change from DIN to the yoke....

Alright, I got it. I'm glad I asked in here before proceeding because as tight as that sucker was I'd have been convinced that I was going to break something. :eek:ut:

Does it really need to be that tight? I understand the need to have it sealed and all, but now I'm wondering if I managed to get the yoke connector on tightly enough. They don't leave a lot of room in there to get a wrench in. I'm going to have to borrow a socket set from somebody, I think. :eek:ut:

"They don't leave a lot of room in there to get a wrench in. I'm going to have to borrow a socket set from somebody, I think. "

A big AdjustableCresent wrench works! Mine is a 15" wrench. The only time I use it is before and after Caribean vacations. :wink:
Put the wrench over (around) one side of the yoke and onto the nut. Be careful to have a good hold on it.

hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom