How to remove a compass from a console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good afternoon,
I'm in the middle of disecting my Aeris 300 computer and have a question. I have already removed the compass from the console, just need to figure how to pop the compass out of the individual holder. It appears that it should just "come out". I have applied slight pressure to "persuade" it out to no avail.

Would anyone have any recommendations on how to do this without totally "garfing" my compass. I won't be using the computer anymore and thought I might be able to pull the compass off and drop it into a wrist boot.

Thanks in advance....

Don Costanza

About 10 minutes after I posted my initial question I was able to pop the compass out of the holder. Got out my really small screwdrivers and pryed it off.

FYI for anyone who might be in a similar situation and not sure how much pressure to apply. It will come out; however, it is a bit snug. My concern would be shattering it and thus use really small screwdrivers (eyeglass repair type)...

Don

I think you'll find they are pretty robust but you're right to work on the rubber side bits not the protective glass face.

Back
Top Bottom