• From 5 to 15 feet

Votes: 65 31.9%
  • From 15 to 30 feet

Votes: 46 22.5%
  • More than 30 feet

Votes: 83 40.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those of you that usually dive in those warm waters with 60+ feet viz, you do not know what is good, you are not feeling what I feel when I dive places with warm water and good viz.

That's not really true. I know I am truly blessed, or lucky or whatever. Every time I pull up on the reef here and look down into the water, I can't believe that I'm living the dream I had as a kid.

In NYC and around, where I do most of my diving, 30 feet is considered an exceptionally good visibility. 15 feet is pretty good. less then 10 is normal. 0 is not unheard of :)... Personally I enjoy diving in low viz. Feels cozy:)

That's not really true. I know I am truly blessed, or lucky or whatever. Every time I pull up on the reef here and look down into the water, I can't believe that I'm living the dream I had as a kid.

That was just a joke, a way to describe how much I would like to have half of your luck of having nice places to dive near home.

You lucky man !!!!
My nearest dive place is 400 kms away, a quarry with, normally, bad visibility. The alternate one (also 400 km away) could be open sea with 90 % possibilities of cancellation owing to bad sea conditions (poor to no visibility, bad weather conditions, bad sea conditions, etc).

Yes. I admit, I am blessed as far as this activity goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom