How to get from Charlotte to Morehead City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nbaleva

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello NC Wreck Divers,

Me and some of my southern california friends are planning a dive trip to the NC coast to check out the wrecks and sharks. This will be happening at the end of Sept. I'll already be in Charlotte,NC for a prior engagement and so my question to the group is :

What is the most economical mode of transportation from Charlotte NC to Morehead City. This will be for a one way trip as I hope to be flying out of a airport closer to Morehead city. If all else fails, I might have to rent a car, which might blow out my budget.

Thanks !!

--Neil

If your friends fly into RDU, you might be able to meet them there.

CLT-->RDU can be done via bus or train, but you don't have a lot of options past RDU.

Greyhound will get you to New Bern or Jacksonville (also regional airports), so you might be able to rent a car there and return it on the flight out.

There just aren't a lot of options in that part of the state, sorry.

Rental car is your best bet however, offering to buy beer for some of the NC divers may get you a ride :)

Hey Neil:

I would look at a flight from Charlotte to New Bern, Get a rental car from there, and then drive to MHC/ Beaufort. New Bern is about an hour from MHC. I used to be a mate in Beaufort (MHC next door neighbor), I have lived in New Bern, and I now live in Greenville. So, I know this area and the distances associated with getting to somewhere from nowhere. I think driving from Greenville to RDU is rough though and that's only 70 minutes!

Flying to New Bern from Charlotte is merely a convenience, but if you are up for driving, go for it. Plan on about 7 hours though.

And PM me if you need any more help. I dunno where I'll be towards the end of the year as I am planning on moving back to Washington, but if I don't and I'm around, I'll help you out any way I can.

With kind regards,
Thomas

Charlotte to New Bern (US Air), Kinston (Delta), Jacksonville or Greenville (US Air), or Raleigh (several). Driving its 85/40 to Raleigh, then 70 out to MHC.

Back
Top Bottom