How to get cert on 50-100% without doing deco/deep dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To refrase it... If you were interested in doing deco dives (Forgetting the PFO for a moment) to get longer bottomtimes at 25-30m, but not interested in going deeper... How could you get certs for other gases than <40% Nitrox?

Or is >40% ONLY meant for those going 35+?

Hmmmmmm. . . . isn't MOD for 40% 30m ? (if ppO2=1.6) !

Hmmmmmm. . . . isn't MOD for 40% 30m ? (if ppO2=1.6) !

This was meant regarding to HOW TO GET CERTIFICATION to use >40%.
I am not talking about the how tos and mods, but what is demanded to get the certification to use it.

FWIW, I just called my LDS. They do teach the TDI Advanced Nitrox and do not require a dive profile that would require decompression.

So yes, at least in Oregon, you can get TDI Advanced Nitrox (40-100%) inside your parameters.

John N

"If Advanced Nitrox is taught in conjunction with Intro to Tech*, only a total of four (4) dives are required, more may be conducted at the discretion of the instructor, but all dives must be conducted at depths within the diver&#8217;s current level of certification and no dives should exceed 23 metres / 75 feet"

I just lifted that from the website of a tec shop I use a lot in Australia (thank you, Dive Dive Dive. Now when are you coming over here to run that CCR course? :wink:). So the simple answer to your actual question, Imla, is - yes, you can get training on using 'hot' mixes without going deep.

As I said in an earlier post, I understand why you want to, although I think it's overkill, and I think TS&M did an excellent job of demonstrating why it's overkill. But it can be done. Indeed, if you choose to do Intro and AN but not Deco Procedures, it MUST be done! Talk to a TDI instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom