Question How to fix wrist seals burping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps. Are you, in fact, using a size small? (That's likely my problem, since I'm not. :dork2: )

That's also a good point, let me check. I think I am using the smallest, but I'll compare to the smallest ring on the spares I have. I ordered it custom-fit, so the original seals were already cut to, in theory, fit

Hi,

I have pretty thin wrists and I've had some issues with my wrist seals burping because the seal isn't very good. The seal does feel tight, so maybe my wrist is also shaped a little weird. I found these online for exactly this issue (Apollo BioSeals), but $90 seems a bit expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any good DIY solutions to try first (though if that ends up not working, I can always get those anyway). Thanks.
Is it burping on the inside of the wrist? When you grip something lightly, do you have deeper than average "grooves" on each side of tendons?

DW

Duct tape? (kidding)

I do have the Apollo wrist seals (got them long ago when they were cheaper). I do use them on my dry suit when I wear wet gloves, otherwise I do get a leak caused by my wrist flexors.

Is there an alternative to Bio-seal from Apollo? I get a ton of channeling in my wrists, and am a pretty thin guy. I've tried eating donuts and drinking beer without results o_O
I tried it too. Only thing getting bigger is my belly and parts I sit on. Silicone seals might be the answer since they are a lot softer. I had channeling issues with latex, but not with silicone.

Are you asking about neoprene seals? You have an Ultra, right?
I've got an ultra with silicone seals. Haven't trimmed them a bit, gave them proper wrist sizing, and they still leak noticeably when I grip things tightly. Channeling sucks for us thin dudes. I used Bio seal for about 2 years but I think I lost it (kicking myself hard for that). Wondering if there are alternatives before I throw another 150 bucks into a replacement set.

(edit: found em!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom