Question How to fix wrist seals burping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got an ultra with silicone seals. Haven't trimmed them a bit, gave them proper wrist sizing, and they still leak noticeably when I grip things tightly. Channeling sucks for us thin dudes. I used Bio seal for about 2 years but I think I lost it (kicking myself hard for that). Wondering if there are alternatives before I throw another 150 bucks into a replacement set.
dry gloves are about the same price :)

dry gloves are about the same price :)
If memory serves, many people use blue PVC chemical gloves like this.

Does anyone recommend anything particular for SiTech oval rings as seen here?

I dive in 72 degree water - is a secondary wrist seal necessary while using dry gloves?

If memory serves, many people use blue PVC chemical gloves like this. SHOWA 720

Does anyone recommend anything particular for SiTech oval rings as seen here? Rolock 90 / Ultima

I dive in 72 degree water - is a secondary wrist seal necessary while using dry gloves? You need seals between the suit and suit-side glove rings, but not on the wrist.

I dive in 72 degree water - is a secondary wrist seal necessary while using dry gloves?
If you are diving in 72 degree water then I would skip both dry or neoprene gloves and try using these Wells Lamont gloves over the outside of your wrist seals, and then just cinch down the velcro wrist straps nice and tight.

I'm having this issue on a new drysuit with skin-in neoprene wrist seals. I can see and feel the wrist seals burping slightly if I raise an arm. The suit is not overinflated but I am new to neoprene suits.

I'm going to try moving the seal about 1" up my arm (away from the hand) which should be slightly tighter and smoother. Failing that, BioSeals would be next. Also check that the thumb loop of your undergarment isn't trapped in the seal.
While it seams counterintuitive, try folding less material under. 3/4" is more than adequate sealing surface. If it fits correctly, it should balloon the cuff pushing the seal harder against your wrist and neck when the bubble gets there. I used to have a lot of leaks from rolling the seal in too far and not leaving enough material to create the balloon.
Also, if you have deep veins in your wrist or neck, neoprene seals will always leak for you. They don't contour as well as silicone.

While it seams counterintuitive, try folding less material under. 3/4" is more than adequate sealing surface. If it fits correctly, it should balloon the cuff pushing the seal harder against your wrist and neck when the bubble gets there. I used to have a lot of leaks from rolling the seal in too far and not leaving enough material to create the balloon.
Also, if you have deep veins in your wrist or neck, neoprene seals will always leak for you. They don't contour as well as silicone.
My wrist seals are "skin-in" so no folding under, they just fit flat to the wrist.

My wrist seals are "skin-in" so no folding under, they just fit flat to the wrist.
oh, I have never had that style. My mistake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom