Question How to fix wrist seals burping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AeroSpartacus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have pretty thin wrists and I've had some issues with my wrist seals burping because the seal isn't very good. The seal does feel tight, so maybe my wrist is also shaped a little weird. I found these online for exactly this issue (Apollo BioSeals), but $90 seems a bit expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any good DIY solutions to try first (though if that ends up not working, I can always get those anyway). Thanks.

Similar issues here. I try not to reach up. 😉 I'm also switching to a bottle neck shape for the greater surface area. You might try that if yours are conical.

Don't put more air in your suit than you need to relieve the squeeze. Use your buoyancy compensator for buoyancy.

Don't put more air in your suit than you need to relieve the squeeze. Use your buoyancy compensator for buoyancy.

That's a fair point, and one of the things I probably do need to work on since I'm still fairly new to diving dry. I'm not intentionally doing so, but I think I just need to get used to more of a squeeze being normal (short of real discomfort).

Two things, 1. Dry gloves.

2. Weighting, if you add enough air to stop the squeeze need to use the b/c very much you are probably over weighted.

@AeroSpartacus : It will take a few dives in your dry suit to get accustomed to limiting some of your movements, particularly those that affect your seals. Adjusting for the squeeze is another thing that can take time. But don't be discouraged, it will all fall into place.

I'm having this issue on a new drysuit with skin-in neoprene wrist seals. I can see and feel the wrist seals burping slightly if I raise an arm. The suit is not overinflated but I am new to neoprene suits.

I'm going to try moving the seal about 1" up my arm (away from the hand) which should be slightly tighter and smoother. Failing that, BioSeals would be next. Also check that the thumb loop of your undergarment isn't trapped in the seal.

@AeroSpartacus : It will take a few dives in your dry suit to get accustomed to limiting some of your movements, particularly those that affect your seals. Adjusting for the squeeze is another thing that can take time. But don't be discouraged, it will all fall into place.

Yea, sounds like more practice is the real DIY fix here I guess hehe. I can always see if this is still an issue in 15 or 20 more dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom