Question How to dive Komodo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wise decision. We would do the same. Which boat was it?
it was an easy decision ... we were only 2 couples at the beginning of a ten day LOB... :cool: the boat was called pratiwi, I don't know if it's still operating ... it was cheap but not the cheapest..still decent, but not big enough for the south during the summer... :wink:

Reactions: Dan
it was an easy decision ... we were only 2 couples at the beginning of a ten day LOB... :cool: the boat was called pratiwi, I don't know if it's still operating ... it was cheap but not the cheapest..still decent, but not big enough for the south during the summer... :wink:
Thanks for the boat info. Pratiwi is indeed pretty small (22m long). Well, our boat is small too. it’s SanLorenzo SX88 (88’ or 26.8m long), Sanlorenzo Spa with 4 cabins for 8 guests, but the divers are only 4 + a local DM.

49E61E5A-F5FD-4908-BCF8-3A2DAA4F9349.jpeg

Thanks for the boat info. Pratiwi is indeed pretty small (22m long). Well, our boat is small too. it’s SanLorenzo SX88 (88’ or 26.8m long), Sanlorenzo Spa with 4 cabins for 8 guests, but the divers are only 4 + a local DM.

View attachment 722272

it may be small, but aesthetic judgments aside(love it), it has a hull designed for the ocean and certainly has well-sized marine engines ... :cool: a traditional wooden boat with a truck engine will never be remotely comparable ...:confused::confused:
a beautiful boat with only 4 divers is what I call a holiday!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

it may be small, but aesthetic judgments aside(love it), it has a hull designed for the ocean and certainly has well-sized marine engines ... :cool: a traditional wooden boat with a truck engine will never be remotely comparable ...:confused::confused:
a beautiful boat with only 4 divers is what I call a holiday!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

We used it 3 months ago to dve in Similan. It rides pretty smoothly during rough sea as it has stabilizer fins like pectoral fins of a fish to keep the boat rock steady (to prevent the boat from swinging side to side when waves hitting on the side of the boat). It also has 3 x 800 HP Volvo engines. SanLorenzo knows how to build a good boat for sure.

We used it 3 months ago to dve in Similan. It rides pretty smoothly during rough sea as it has stabilizer fins like pectoral fins of a fish to keep the boat rock steady (to prevent the boat from swinging side to side when waves hitting on the side of the boat). It also has 3 x 800 HP Volvo engines. SanLorenzo knows how to build a good boat for sure.

they build them in la spezia ... they are famous all over the world for the yachts that leave those yards :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Reactions: Dan
I’ll be flying to Bali next week to prepare for this journey on the following week.

We got 2 more buddies joining us on 31 July. They are flying to Labuan Bajo. So I made Plan C.

B2651C66-AC2B-4A26-A482-6EE72A18CF93.jpeg

Do you have GPS location for it, in case my dive guide is not familiar with it?

Thanks!
The name here is boulders, it's precisely in front of the Yellow Wall with a terrible surge. Few people are doing it, mainly because of the current on top of the Rocks. Spotted big stuff in here, but not for beginners.

For more details on mapping and so on asked the guys doing rebreather in there Manu, Kevin or William. They are able to tell you more, and you will find them in Dragon Dive Komodo Hotel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom