How to connect Al 80's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Ny
I have a boat an do most of my diving around the Block island wrecks (U-853, Grecian, etc. ) Next season I would like to check out the San Diego, Oregon, Texas Tower etc.
Theses wrecks are out of range for my boat so I will have to use a LI charter. Let me know if you are interested? I am diviviving 23 years, AOW, Nitrox, currently in class for rescue, and hope to be DM by next spring.
I usually dive 100 to 130 ft using twin al 80s with a isolator manifold with 2 regs using EAN28, I also side sling an al 40 with EAN32.
I am comfortable in the water, respect the sea, and by no strech of the imagination
am I a tech diver. But I will spend 20 min at 130, switch to EAN32 at 100ft and stop at 2 min at 40ft, 5 min at 30 ft, 10 min at 20ft and 10 min at 15ft. While still maintaining
a nice reserve in my 80s for emergency.

Hey CM You have a boat? I am going to be diving as much as possible next season. Let me know when you want go out SD and TT are definately on the list although I think TT is deeper than you think 140-200fsw
Anyway if you ever take stokes on your boat let me know. I wanted to do the stolt this weekend but didn't have the funds hope to make it again this year but will have to see. Just got an IQ backpack and want to test it out. Are you going to do anymore diving this season?
I have spent more loot on diesel than classes/gear hope to get a bonus this year and get the good stuff but I am a fish would be willing to scrape barnacles for a boat ride

your dual yoke valve is exactly like the one I have. Are you interested in getting rid of it? I'll take it. Would like to have a second lying around. As for my use of it... IT'S NOT FOR DEEP DIVING!! thats for damn sure. I find this set up perfect for my shallow water treasure hunting where the NDL times are off the chart. 'Bout the only ligit purpose I can think of for these anymore.

Oct. was washed out! The weather was terrible!
Nov. is here and its time to put the boats to bed, I have a 37 ft. sail boat, and a 21 ft
(dive) center console. Stolt is on my todo list with TT . I did the San Diego in the 1980s
but would like to get there again. My 21 footer is a Stiegercraft, a brick****house.
I have been out in 8 ft seas at nite with her. The boat can tolerate more then I can, but these sites are beyond the range from my homeport in Mystic CT. I will have to do them in a LI based charter.
I will keep in touch. We will get together for the 06 season, on a charter, or if you want to slep out to CT our marina is a 1/4 mile away from an Amtrak station.
BTW where in NYC are you? I lived in the Bronx for 30 years and have done a lot of diving in western LI Sound.
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom